Wednesday, April 25, 2012

hello again

I've been absent for a bit but am guessing no one even noticed, right? Not that I need an excuse to take a blogging hiatus, but I met a boy. He's been eating up all my free time. That's all I'm saying so as not to jinx it. 
 
Progress has been made on my EPP megahexie patchwork curtains. I took and basted a bunch in the car on a recent weekend road-trip. I like to sit and stitch them together on my front porch steps while the cat and dog play in the yard. No power cord required. I loved this post by Clare (who is hosting the piece and love hexathon) because it totally explains the awesomness of hand-sewing in a few photos and a couple sentences. Check it out!
I never showed off the lovely fabric I got through the stale stash swap. I traded with Danny, who took some of my Mendocino and sent these guys in return. What fun we had pulling fabrics and comparing stashes. 
My sewing room hasn't been touched since my best pal moved out of it three weeks ago. I think my first step will be to paint it bright white, then move everything in and organize. Soon. Ish.

10 comments:

  1. Oh good for you! I noticed - in fact just last night I checked your actual blog in case something had gone wrong in google reader. Welcome back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed! Instagram, too. Good for you and your guy! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed too. ;) Your hexies look great.. and the boy.. a very unexcited (so as not to jinx it) hooray! :) ... do you think he would drive you to a quilt show? If so.. KEEP. HIM. lol (my hub actually did that when we were dating-haha) Glad you popped back in with a post. Missed ya! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you'd been eaten by hexies, happy to know your safe and sound :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh liking the boy news!!
    I have been hexing like crazy too, just about to post my progress. Love yours, it's really cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy to have found your new-to-me blog today Kritsta! Popped over from Clares. I'm sure I've seen you around flickr though, or maybe IG? Good news on the boy front. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Us single girls need to band together, hahaha! Are you going to Sewing Summit? x

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhh a boy :)
    Totally with you on the hand piecing! Great stash goodies, I'm sure you'll make good use of them in your new sewing room xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got the best excuse ever! Sewing's great but really! Have fun! And love your hexies and stash adds.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...