Tuesday, March 26, 2013

it's how I roll

On the left is an unaltered Moda Jelly Roll. On the right is my attempt at re-rolling one after it had been split into thirds and shipped to me in a USPS flat rate envelope.


Nailed it!

Both rolls are Sophie by Chez Moi for Moda and I got them for a screamin' good deal via two different de-stash sales on Instagram 

What do you think I should do with them? I have a few ideas but I'd love to hear yours. They're probably better, anyway. ;P

Oh, and tonight I'm working on my first ever ME size article of clothing, using this free skirt tutorial which looks super easy and not too far off from something I might actually wear. Though I'm not so sure about the bow. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

  1. I don't know, bring them here so I can really see them and see grandma Marilyn's new computerized addition to her quilt machine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to try making a skirt soon too - I like the look of the pattern you linked to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only go for the bow if you actually like to wear tops tucked in. If you don't you won't wear it and me-made skirt should be worn as often as possible! Looking forward to seeing pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute skirt. I actually like the bow. Gook luck and I'm looking forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a jelly roll I bought a couple years ago and have no clue what to do with it. Please share when you find ideas for yours.

    Cute skirt! Like someone else said, keep the bow only if it will be seen. I'm going to bookmark the tutorial for future use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the bow if you are tucking in. I would never choose fabric with stripes going around, but then, I don't have a 28 inch waist! It is a darling skirt!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...