Wednesday, July 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday #7

Hi there! I made some progress this week :D

Ongoing Projects:
Summer Sampler Series QAL - I have 6 finsihed blocks but am still behind! I typically get distracted while sewing, taking a two hour project and turning it into six. BUT, last night I hunkered down and only stopped to change loads of laundry. Here's the result! The pics are bad because I didn't finish until after midnight and the lighting in my house is awful. Sorry! But you get the general idea.

I made some room on my design wall so I could put them next to each other to see what fabrics I should be using next. This purple background print almost looks pink from far away, which isn't so great. When I add it to future blocks it'll work but for now it's a bit out of place.



Kaleidoscope QAL - I've sewed a few more blocks together and took this good better quality close up pic when the sun was shining through the windows yesterday. This quilt is gonna take me a while. If you wanna see some pretty ones look at the gallery of finishes over on Elizabeth's blog.



Punctuation Baby Quilt - Started quilting but stopped to ponder whether to keep going or unpick and start over. More on that here.

New Project:1930's prints mini HSTs - uh, this was a deversion and I don't really have a plan for them yet, lol. This layout won't be it, though, considering the peachy prints don't have as much contrast as the other three colors. Again, horrible awful lighting + iphone camera = not good pictures. I did the best I can!

 On Hold:
Warm Cool QAL -  No progress. For some reason I get right close to finishing things and then let them sit for a while. Check out the link-up to see some gorgeous finished warm cool quilts!

Engelbreit quilt


WiP Wednesday #6 Recap
Last week's total: 5
Finished this week: 0
New this week: 1
This week's total: 6

I'm linking up with Lee's WIP Wednesday, make sure to have a look around!

7 comments:

  1. Your Summer Sampler is looking great! As is your kaleidoscope! Both have been fun qa's, haven't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! Love the black on the kaleidoscope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kaleidoscope is beautiful. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I especially love your kaleidoscope quilt! Good on you, looks like great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! loving all your blocks and WIPs. I don't think I could have that many going. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, both your Summer Sampler and your Kaleidoscope look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That one star block is amazing!!! Love all the fun things you are doing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...