Friday, April 25, 2014

two quilt tops and some x and plus blocks

Here's my latest set of friendship x and plus blocks for Elizabeth of opquilt.com.


I made them while at retreat with the KCMQG a couple weekends ago. Carla of lollyquiltz did a lovely recap post on the  whole thing, if you hadn't already seen it you should go check it out. We all had such a great time. 


I had just gotten over the first trimester hump (that's right, I'm growing a baby!) which involved a lot of sleeping and laying around feeling useless. Bad headaches, too. But luckily no vomit so I think it went pretty well! Anyways I had lost my sewing mojo and this retreat gave me three whole days of it, which was fantastic. 


I finally assembled my 64 scrappy trip-along blocks into a quilt top, they'd only been sitting in a pile for a year. That's me on the right, the photo is blurry because I stole it off a friend on Instagram.


I also got my Acacia hst blocks put together. Although when I texted Jon the pic he replied "why is the bottom row upside down?" which made me laugh so hard because we'd all been lookin at it for hours and hadn't noticed. So I unpicked and put it back on the right way.

A big thanks to MO Star Quilt Company and the KCMQG for the amazing weekend, can't wait to do it again next year!

16 comments:

  1. Hi Krista. Congrats on that baby. So fun. Lovely quilts here too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Two finishes and a baby in the oven! You are cookin'!

    I love the reds and turquoises of the new blocks--can't wait to get them up with the others. And then fun--moving blocks around for a while until they all settle into place. So glad to have been your partner for our swap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see and hear everything is moving along with bub and blocks! Love the + and x blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure I knew about the bambino, congratulations! I love the quilts too, your retreat sounds like it was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First congratulations! So glad you are feeling better. Wow did you get a lot done!, love your friendship blocks, great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am losing track of if I said Congrats before, but congrats again anyway!

    Great but mahoosive scrappy trips xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your scrappy trip along worked out. The overall effect of the colours is great!!! Glad to hear trimester one is going fairly well. I followed along your little retreat on Instagram and it looked amazing. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista, what nice set of +/x blocks. Nice and colourful and cheerful!

    haha - I thought the Acacia quilt was supposed to be that way, it's a neat look with one row upsidedown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So next year I'm gonna wanna "join" your quilt guild for that weekend. Cool? So much beauty was made and fun had! And it's good your guy has the observational skills. I never would have notice that either. Hilarious!
    - Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Jon! He has a good eye! So excited for you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! How exciting for you both. Once that first trimester was over, things were so good for me. I would love to travel to Hamilton MO to see Missouri star quilt company. I wonder how many Australians have that part of the USA on their itinerary!?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Such exciting times.

    Love love LOVE your HST quilt! I'm making one too - totally addicted to how many ways you can put it together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WooHoo! Go Krista, that's a huge quilt with tons of squares! Love the x and plus blocks too. And Yay, congrats about the baby growing! :) My son is an Oct baby too. They rock. ;) And if you wouldn't mind.. sending me your address again, I finally am mailing this stuff to you! Hard to believe huh? But really. :) It's all packed up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the baby! And great layout on the scrappy trip along.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Trik Menang Bermain Situs Judi Sabung Ayam Online Yang Jarang Diketahui Klik Di Sini

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam
    https://sateayambv.blogspot.com/2018/12/uniknya-trik-memandikan-ayam-mendekati.html/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...