Wednesday, July 4, 2012

project gingham reveal + happy 4th of july!

Today it's beautiful outside, I'm writing this on my aunt and uncle's computer before anyone else is awake, and in an hour or so, some serious family fireworks festivities will be happening.

But first, it's time for my Project Gingham reveal! Elizabeth @Occasional Piece, Cindy @Live A Colorful Life and I had a blast hosting this summer event, and we're so glad a few people joined in on the fun with us. Find more info here.


This is what I came up with, a stacked coins something or other that is pretty huge! I was going to chop it up into 8.5 by 11 inch blocks and rearrange them to make some cool, intricate pattern, but I ran out of steam. And time. And I decided I like it just fine like this. Ok, I was scared to proceed and possibly end up with no quilt at all to show, so I hit the pause button.


At any rate, I like the white background, which I've never done before. I will either A) quilt this on my aunt's mother's longarm while I'm here in town over the Fourth, or B) not get to that and possibly continue with my slice and dice plan sometime in the future. It only depends on whether or not she has sapce and time for me on her machine!

Here is the list of all the other bloggers who are posting their finished gingham projects today. Please be super awesome and go have a look at all of them, will you?

Elizabeth @Occasional Piece
Becky, @Sarcastic Quilter
Clare, @Selfsewn
Nicole, @Bold Goods
Thanks so much for playing/reading along, and have a happy Fourth of July!

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the holiday. That is a perfect fresh summer quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how that came out! It's a perfect picnic quilt! Happy 4th...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! And I love the white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I like this so much I may very well steal the idea for my leftover gingham. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the gingham is fun! Love the warm/cool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great so far, happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the two color effect against the fresh white! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, gorgeous!
    I love the stacked coins design for gingham--it gets to do both things: pay those checks against each other AND set them apart. Love it.

    Hope you are having a fun time-- we head home today, and back into the saddle of work. Happy Day-After the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Krista, I think it looks great! Did you get to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...