Took me a little longer than I would have hoped, but I finally got this top finished. I worked on it little by little in random spurts and that worked for me.
I did change the layout at the last minute, though. I'd cut enough pieces to make 144 blocks, but after piecing about 100 and having several of them turn out unusable (oops!) I decided to just put the damn thing together already. Christmas is closing in on me, after all!
I just decided to add some borders too, maybe a thin gray one and then a scrappy pink/white one and then gray binding... We'll see what I come up with. My way of "planning" involves changing everything as I go, lol.
This little mug rug thingy came to be over Thanksgiving break, made with scraps left over from my Warm/Cool quilt. For my first go at log cabin blocks I think it came out pretty snazzy, but it's not as square looking as I'd like it to be!
Free motion quilted in a random boxy meandering style. I've got a recipient in mind but want it to be a surprise so I won't say who till after she's received it :D