Thursday, July 14, 2011

Greek Cross Block

Last night I pieced my second block for the Summer Sampler Series QAL.
check out more blocks in the flickr group!

I wish the cross popped more. I'm learning by doing when it comes to fabric selection. I also figured out that the edge of my presser foot doesn't give me a 1/4in seam like I thought it did. Turns out it's more like 5/8in. Combine that with my personal imperfection and blocks don't fit together right! I figure this must be why my warm/cool HSTs ended up being too small.  


my oops block on the left!

I think for now I'll just leave my "oops" Star of Virginia block the way it is. I'll be heading to the quilt shop on my lunch break to get a 1/4in quilting foot like the one Faith is using in her Greek Cross block tutorial.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...