After the honeymoon, I managed to clean up and organize my sewing room. It's now the most usable space it's ever been! There's still a lot that could be done, so I don't want to show it off just yet. But let's just say Jon spends a lot of time in here with me now that there's room for him, which is why I've been so productive lately!
I finished our wedding quilt a few weeks ago. Well, the top, anyways. I'm not sure how to go about basting this 90"x105" beast, let alone quilting it. It's a St. Louis 16 patch in Charleston Farmhouse by Felicity Miller. I threw in a few coordinating prints from my stash to make it stretch a bit further and add some dimension. Jon really loves this quilt, which makes me super happy.
I also made ~30 more scrappy trip along blocks, giving me a total of 64 for a 96" square quilt. This is comprised of 2 parts Chicopee fabric by Denyse Schmidt and 2 parts coordinating prints from my stash. I spent a minute and a half deciding on the layout, about as much time as it took to scatter them all haphazardly on the floor. Good enough for me!
|chicopee scrappy trip along|
|spread out on grandma's plush carpet|
|hand piecing in the car|
Surely that's enough to make up for a two month absence! I think I owe someone a pile of Liberty HSTs from the Give Me Liberty sew-along. I'll go with Cathi, of Gertrude Made, who whipped up a lovely pair of patchwork pillows using her treasured Liberty stash. Thanks to everyone who played along with us, that was a great last minute escape from all those pre-wedding jitters!
Until next time...