Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Show & Tell

I wrote this a while back and thought that I had posted it. Suddenly yesterday blogger tells me it was only ever a draft. SO, I'll post it now, I guess. Weird!

The Friday after last I went to the Nodaway County Historical Society for an event on quilting. The talented Audria Humphrey presented and talked about a bunch of her quilts, and also discussed basic techniques and tricks. It was awesome! I'll apologize now for the crummy pics. My iphone takes ok pics if the mood is just right, but it wasn't feeling it in this room.

Audria on the right with one of her quilts

the sides of those little cubes are only 1/2in!

When she passed this one around, I almost died. I need to figure out how to do this! I love taking projects and scaling them down as tiny as I can get them, just for the heck of it. This mini (micro?!) quilt was fantastic.

love. love love. LOVE!
Some ladies at the workshop brought in antique quilts to show off, and I managed to photograph a few of them.




This buttefly one was a neighborhood quilt, where a bunch of ladies in the neighborhood sewed up blocks and each one has someone's name on it. How cool!



For more photos and information on the event, you can find an article on it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...