Friday, June 10, 2011

Hello Blogland!

Hi. I'm krista. It's so nice to meet you! I've wanted to keep some form of crafty journal for a while now, and figure this blog is a good way to do it. Plus, ya know, I've been stalking other quilty/crafty blogs for a few months and I want to get in on all the fun. I'll start by sharing a bit about myself.

I'm a middle child. This means the world picks on me, a whole lot. Or at least that's how I perceive things ;P

In the fifth grade a friend taught me to make bracelets out of embroidery floss. I was hooked. I quickly progressed to beaded jewelry, which I made and sold to classmates during recess. I've been crafty ever since, and my current obsession is quilting.

I'm 25. I don't have any babies, nor do I have plans to make any in the immediate future, but everyone I know seems to be mass producing them. Little quilts make great baby gifts. And they're fun to put together. Win-win!

When I bought my house I decided I needed a dog for protection. I ended up with this instead. Her name is Lucy. I rescued her from a life of crime out on the streets.

note: this is not my kitchen. i have no dishwasher. wah.
I also picked up two cats when I was in college, but they've recently been exiled to my parents farm due to excessive winter weight gain. It's feline fat camp! They're much happier out there, killing small woodland creatures, so I don't feel too bad for them. 

I work for a company that makes biological inoculants. I get to play with microorganisms in a laboratory and it's totally awesome. The best part is my 4 day work week. I put in 10 hour days Mon-Thurs, and have a 3 day weekend every week. It's pretty sweet. Although now that it's summertime, it's hard to look out my office window at 4 in the afternoon, knowing I'll only have a couple hours of daylight left by the time I get to leave.

That's probably sufficient for now. I'll leave you with a pic of my first quilt, made for my niece's 1st bday this past February. Isn't she adorable?

correct response: "yes. so adorable."

1 comment:

I love hearing from you, thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...